Thursday, March 23, 2006

Social networks--a byproduct of search for value

Today I sat in with Kate Ehrlich and Don Ronchi as they shared their SNA experiences on our second of four Jump Start calls. Late in the call, Don explained that people create and navigate social networks best when the process is driven by the search for value. Nice.

Afterwards, I asked a favor of Kate, and she asked me to e-mail the question to her. (Kate, are you listening?) The parallel reality we live via email has become such a phenomenon that there is a cartoon in this week's New Yorker not just acknowledging it but giving it a novel twist:
When I see a cartoon like that, I can hardly wait till fall, when it will make perfect material for my upcoming class:


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License and is copyrighted (c) 2006 by Connective Associates except where otherwise noted.

No comments: