Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Boston University announces new course examining value of online social networks

Boston University announced today a new course in the Department of Computer Science about online social networks:You can read the entire article in BU Today here and see my embryonic course website here.

I am really looking forward to teaching this class, which I got to design from the ground up. Of course, I didn't really design it from the ground up. I got all kinds of good ideas from my colleagues, most notably Jon Kleinberg (the MacArthur genius who teaches Structure of Information Networks at Cornell), Michael Kearns (who teaches Networked Life at UPenn), and Brian Linard (who teaches Effective Use of the World Wide Web at UC Riverside).

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License and is copyrighted (c) 2006 by Connective Associates except where otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the course. Would love to be able to follow it online in some way...