Monday, June 04, 2007

Maryland HCIL and SocialAction

My complements to Adam Perer and Ben Shneiderman for hosting a great workshop, "Helping Users Make Sense of Social Networks." They are warm hosts and sharp researchers. I enjoyed being one of their designated "users."

All the slides from the workshop are posted here. These include my previously mentioned complaints about SNA software. They also include the latest from Adam's PhD research project, SocialAction, the most intuitive network visualization tool I know. Since I last saw SocialAction, Adam has added annotating capability not unlike Word "revisions" mode--allowing several people to collaborate over a series of potential edits. My mind is racing with possible applications. In case you're curious, SocialAction is not publicly available (yet). Hopefully soon.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License and is copyrighted (c) 2007 by Connective Associates except where otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Till the binging, I last saw Social Action, Adam has added annotating capability not unlike Word "revisions" mode--allowing several people to collaborate over a series of potential edits.

Alex
Maryland Treatment Centers