Friday, May 18, 2007

Mathematics for network analysis

Spring semester at Boston University ended Monday. Once again I had an amazing bunch of students. For the first time, I finished a semester happy with my teaching materials. That's probably because I decided to write my own book. Here it is: Introduction to Network Mathematics. (And now, new and improved here.) This is the most direct way I know to take someone with zero math background to a place where he can perform meaningful network calculations (allowing the occasional detour into theoretical vistas where the view is too beautiful to pass up).

I am totally blown from the stress of creating, administering, and grading final exams, etc. More about that soon. Meanwhile, please read Louis Menand's short and timely New Yorker essay on the anxiety engines that are American universities: The Graduates.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License and is copyrighted (c) 2007 by Connective Associates except where otherwise noted.

No comments: