Saturday, October 02, 2004

Weekend Edition: Tinctoris

It's been a while since I splurged on a recreational blog entry. This weekend is special because I actually got an e-mail from one of my readers. It turns out that someone I know, (only via e-mail, but he is also a friend of a friend) has been reading my blog for a couple months, and just recently made the connection between the blog "Connectedness" and the person "Bruce Hoppe." So he sent me a little note.

Following up on his note, I discovered that he is quite a blogger himself. He's also an ace web programmer who has put all kinds of custom touches into his blog, like an interface to virtually redecorate his apartment.

He and I initially connected over a musically related project, and in this area too he has incorporated original compositions and arrangements into part of his blog.

I took a very brief look through his archives, and this is my favorite post so far. You need sound on your computer to appreciate it. It features a nine-minute opera "Le Beaveaux et le Butthead" that is hilarious to anyone who ever enjoyed that lowbrow MTV cartoon from the 90s (go ahead and admit you were a fan, you're on the Internet now and no one can see you).

No comments: